Skip to main content
Lauren Hoover
Chief of Staff
Asked a question 7 months ago

We have a leadership team of 8 (I'm the integrator/facilitator). Two of our leaders have both been with the company 5+ years. We transitioned to EOS this year and are doing fairly well, but they do not seem on board with the process. They derail our IDS process quite a bit with their desire to discuss, discuss, discuss. How do I get them on board and participating in the right way?

Rick Pelletier
Fractional Integrator/CFO/COO

@Lauren Hoover71 - I would start by sitting down with each of them individually to discuss the fact that you don't necessarily feel like they're on board. I'd be prepared to give them specific examples (preferably 3) and really dig into the why. The biggest issue I've seen in these situations is that they don't want to be held accountable. Once you've gotten to the root cause you can decide how to proceed. In the meantime, as the Integrator/facilitator, it's your responsibility to manage the IDS process during the L10. You might want to use the 10 Commandments of Solving Issues to keep everyone on track. Remember, everyone should get to share their thoughts, but only once, because more than that is politicking. I would also encourage you to put it on the Issues list for your Same Page Meeting with the Visionary. It is critical that you both are on the same page about situations like this. At the end of the day, you may just have an RPRS issue.